The AOK Team website helps facilitate Acts of Kindness all around the world. We know that God is loving and kind, and His love is not just a feeling, it is tangible and has substance. Ephesians 5:1 tells us to be imitators of God, so that’s what we do! We have so much fun showing kindness to the the people in our cities, towns and villages. There are limitless possibilites to what we can do, maybe you buy a fancy coffee drink for a strange in the lineup at Starbucks, or pay for someone’s groceries. My kids and I paid for the person’s drive through order in the car behind us at McDonalds. It was great fun and my kids enjoyed the experience too!
You might ask, what’s in it for me when I do these kind acts? Well, the bible teaches that It is more blessed to give than to receive (Acts 20), and 2 Corinthians says 9:7 says “So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.” It really is a lot of fun to give to someone as just a simple act of kindness. It really is a way to imitate God’s nature to the world around us, love and kindness, etc are all fruit of God’s Holy Spirit living inside us.
Here’s how it works:
- Order some AOK Team cards from our website. (optional)
- Do something nice for someone
- Leave the people/person that you have shown kindness to a card if it is appropriate
- Tell your friends about what you are doing
- Get a group of you and your friends blessing people all over your city!
- Send us your stories of what God is doing through these acts of kindness
Check out our website for more information www.aokteam.com
Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.